Disconnect Your Facebook & Twitter NOW:
If you are a business, your Facebook and Twitter accounts should not be connected. Just to clarify, if you post something on Facebook it should not automatically post to Twitter also and vice versa. Why? Because each of your social media sites needs to be able to stand on it’s own feet. I understand that it’s more work, but if you put the time and energy into building each platform thoroughly, you will get better results.
First, you want, you need, to have pages that don’t have the same exact content on them. You need to give your audience a reason to follow or like each page. If the content is the same on each page, you’re not incentivizing people to follow your other accounts.
Secondly the lingo isn’t the same from Twitter to Facebook or other social media platforms. For example, if you overuse hashtags (#) on Facebook there’s a good chance your audience will be annoyed. If any of your Facebook users aren’t on Twitter it might actually confuse them. Both examples are reason enough to have someone opt out from following along. Don’t give them that reason!
Give us your feedback!
R&S Interactive is a Social Media Management company based out of Los Angeles, CA and Atlanta, GA. For inquiries please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
And please follow along on our journey to social media dominance! lol
Twitter – @RS_Interactive
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/RSInteractive?ref=hlPlease giv
About rsinteractiveWe are a boutique social media management company specializing in branding and building relationships for our clients and their fans! We were founded in Atlanta, GA and have recently expanded to Los Angeles, CA. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask!
- #Twitter to Stop Counting Photos and Links in 140-Character Limit: a.msn.com/01/en-us/BBt7g… #SocialMedia 2 years ago
- Bob Marley Snapchat filter controversy: money.cnn.com/2016/04/20/tec… #SocialMedia #Snapchat #BobMarley 2 years ago
- #NYC for the week! #Back2Work 2 years ago
- RT @jeffbullas: 6 Key Tips to Optimize Your Social Media Marketing ow.ly/5el59 #SMM #SocialMedia 2 years ago
- RT @HarvardBiz: Why the Future Belongs to Tough-Minded Optimists s.hbr.org/1QOAe8K 2 years ago